What makes you happy? A good coffee, good amount of sleep, a healthy meal plan? Irrespective of your definition of true happiness, living a happier and healthy life is within reach.
Habits matter! Have you ever tried breaking a bad habit? You know how deep-rooted they are! So, let’s try turning these habits into positive ones. Just a few changes to your daily routine can make a lot of difference to your lifestyle.
Take a look at some tips to help kickstart your quest. Just remember that everyone’s version of happiness is a little different, and so go ahead to achieve yours.
- Smile more often: You usually smile when you are happy. But did you know that you should smile even on simple things as it releases dopamine, which makes you happier. So, start your mornings by giving a smile to yourself in the mirror every day.
- Exercise: Exercise is not only for your body, but, calms your mind as well. Regular exercise helps reduce stress, anxiety, depression while boosting happiness and self-esteem. Start with light exercises and eventually scale up. In fact, you may also try any outdoor activity like swimming, cycling, jogging and add the same to your fitness regime. Start with 5 minutes of stretching and end with 5 minutes of cooling down activity to avoid any muscle pull.
- Get plenty of sleep: Generally, adults need at least 7 hours of sleep in a day. Sleep helps repair your body muscles and mind preparing you for the next day’s activity. You may also take mid-day naps to reenergise your body.
- Eat healthy: What you eat, helps you sustain throughout the day! So, make a healthy meal plan and stick to it to achieve your fitness goals. A healthy meal plan along with regular exercise can make you fit and fine. Add balanced amount of carbs, protein, green veggies, fruits, nuts in your healthy diet.
- Be thankful: Showing gratitude for what you have chances your perception towards a lot of things. You might not have everything with yourself when you need it though, showing gratitude for what you have gives you the strength to achieve more and keep moving ahead.
- Give a compliment: Compliment yourself and others as and when you or someone you know does something right or go that extra mile to make things work.
- Breathe in, breathe out: This releases stress and helps increase your lung capacity.
- Keep a positive attitude: Attitude is everything. Whatever you are today is because of your attitude so try having a positive thought process about things and make things work slowly and steadily for yourself.
- Maintain a journal: Live in moments. Maintaining a journal makes you have a record of your happy moments so that you may cherish it whenever you feel the need to.
- Avoid comparison with others: Compare yourself with yourself and not with others. This makes you a better person than what you were yesterday. Every individual and their strengths, their goals are different so make the most of your life!
Follow these simple parameters in life. Do not forget to eat healthy, follow a healthy meal plan that you may stick to and stay happy!