Using a meal plan helps you know how to eat a wholesome diet. With the help of a planned diet, you can evaluate how many calories your body needs in a day and arrange meals accordingly. Everyone should eat a variety of different foods, to get a balanced meal, just what your body requires!
Benefits of healthy meal plans
- A healthy meal plan helps you fulfil your nutrition requirement, along with keeping a watch on your weight.
- You can plan your shopping, preparation, and cooking, or order from a healthy meal plan delivery service choosing the fresh and vitamin-rich ingredients you would like to have in a day, week, and so on
- A healthy diet boosts your stamina and increases the energy level in your body
- Additionally, it may be more cost-effective to order a weekly meal plan (or buy and keep the ingredients ready at home) and use them for meals throughout the week
- Regular exercise and a healthy diet help delay aging and enhance your overall fitness.
You may like to have the following options in your meal
Breakfast: Smoked salmon and egg on a whole-grain bagel with a portion of watercress, a medium low-fat mocha drink. A portion of hummus and raw vegetables for dipping, oatcakes, small rice cakes spread with 2 tablespoons (tbsp) of peanut butter and topped with apple slices are also great options for quick bites in the morning. You may also start your day with a Berry smoothie with some protein powder in it.
Lunch: A bowl of bean and vegetable soup drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, 1 slice of whole-grain seeded bread, a portion of raw, slightly steamed vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, or garden peas, and a portion of fruit. Also, some ice-cream (raspberry frozen yogurt pop) can be used as an afternoon snack to refresh the palate! Tuna salad sandwich on whole-grain bread, a small bag of root vegetable chips, sliced crudités, such as carrots or bell peppers, and a banana.
Dinner: A portion of steamed broccoli, asparagus, or another green vegetable with a loaf of bread and soup. Salmon with some delicious salsa and a portion of leafy greens also can be considered. Have some Greek yogurt with berries and nuts in dessert! Chia seed pudding and a handful of strawberries are an excellent choice for late-night munchies. Though, a milk-based hot drink before bed helps improve sleep.
Healthy meal plans offer an estimate of average daily caloric intake count of 2,000 calories per day for adult females and 2,500 calories per day for adult males. However, as recommended intakes may vary according to age, sex, and activity levels. Healthy diet plans are flexible, allowing you to adapt to your dietary needs and eat well!