A balanced diet provides your body the nutrients and vitamins it requires to function properly. To get the nourishment you need, you should customize and come up with a balanced diet plan, including;
- fresh fruits, vegetables, and seeds
- whole grains
- lean proteins
- eggs and fish, and so on.
So, how much portion of nutrients should you consume daily?
The amount of calories in a food item submits to the amount of energy stored from that food in your body. Your body uses those calories to do daily tasks like walking, breathing, decision making, and other key functions. An average person requires around 2,000 calories every day to keep up with their weight, depending on other allied factors like age, physical activity level, to name a few.
Athletes, bodybuilders, need more calories due to their strict routine and physical activity. Similarly, males require more calories and females require more calcium. Each human body has a different nourishment requisite that has to be kept in mind before planning your healthy meal plan.
Daily calorie requirement basis age
- Sedentary children from 2 to 8 years: 1,000–1,400
- Active children from 2 to 8 years: 1,000–2,000
- Females from 9 to 13 years: 1,400–2,200
- Males from 9 to 13 years: 1,600–2,600
- Active females from 14 to 30 years: Around 2,400
- Sedentary females from 14 to 30 years: 1,800–2,000
- Active males from 14 to 30 years: 2,800–3,200
- Sedentary males from 14 to 30 years: 2,000–2,600
- Active people from 30 years and over: 2,000–3,000
- Sedentary people from 30 years and over: 1,600–2,400
You should remember that the source of your daily calorie intake is important. Food items that offer essentially calories and very little nutrition are called “empty calories”, for example, cakes, ice creams, fried and white flour-coated snacks. You should consider natural supplements or foods which provide your body the required vitamins, calories, and proteins like fresh, citrus fruits and green leafy vegetables. Go for healthy alternatives for everyday eating like multigrain loaves of bread, whole wheat base and replace them with processed or empty calorie foods. Every day if you try replacing your food with healthy options, you can easily maintain a balanced diet and a healthy body. Do not forget to give your mind and body the detox as well as exercise it requires.
Calories are nothing but a measure of energy that any food product supplies. The number of calories you require in a day depends upon your age, sex, and activity level. So, make sure you consult a doctor before making any changes to your diet and shift towards a more healthy meal plan.