Most of us are forced to work from home while there is a worldwide restriction on the movement of people due to the Covid-19 pandemic. It is difficult to steal time for preparing lunch during break hours.
You cannot always rely on takeaways for two reasons. First, it is not healthy. Second, most of us cannot afford takeaway meals every single day.
You need not worry as there are many healthy and delicious lunch recipes that you can prepare quickly. Variations in these recipes can prevent boredom that comes with eating the same kind of food every day.
6 Simple Lunch Recipes
- A salad does not have to be always boring.
- To canned tuna, add some feta, tomatoes, olive, garlic, and parsley.
- Dress it with red wine vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil.
- This fresh spin on the classic salad is delicious and hardly takes a few minutes to prepare.
- Marinate chicken breast and keep it in the fridge overnight.
- Use this chicken breast when you are short on time, grill it, and add it to a bowl of pre-cooked quinoa.
- You can also add your choice of vegetables and a store-bought tzatziki sauce for extra flavor.
- It is nutritious and can be made in large quantities for future use.
- Add potatoes, celery, carrots, split peas, and lentils to a pot. Let it cook in an instant pot for 30 minutes.
- Season it well; add herbs and spices to enjoy a quick hearty meal.
- Shred some purple cabbage and chop avocado. Add some paprika, cumin, cilantro, and lime, and give it a good mix.
- Grill some fish of your choice and serve everything together with some brown rice or cauliflower rice if you are on a paleo diet.
- This recipe is for those days when you have back-to-back meetings and no meal prep time.
- In a large bowl, chop some red onions, parsley, and chives. Add slices of avocado and lime juice.
- Add 2 hard-boiled eggs.
- You can enjoy it as a salad or stuff the mixture between 2 slices of multigrain bread to have a hearty and nutritionally packed lunch.
- Being an excellent protein source, chickpeas are the favorite of everyone following a plant-based diet.
- Boil the chickpeas; add spices, garlic powder, and a hot sauce. Saute it lightly in a pan.
- Use a tortilla wrap, add lettuce, hummus, and the prepared chickpeas and enjoy a delicious fiber and protein-packed lunch.
If you are unable to steal some time for preparing your meal, you can purchase a food subscription from Healthy Xpress for one or all of your meals. We deliver freshly prepared balanced meals to Dade & Broward counties in insulated bags. You can choose from a wide range of selections according to your health goals.
We have paleo boxes, keto diet plans, and balanced meal subscriptions to choose from. All their meals are portion-controlled, balanced, and contain low sodium content. Healthy Xpress is perfect for busy yet health-conscious people.