Healthy eating does not always have to be a time-consuming process. It could also mean simple, fresh, and portion-controlled food that can be prepared in minutes in your kitchen.
Once you have decided that you want to live a healthier lifestyle and have attached goals to it, meal preparation gets easier because you have the motivation to achieve a goal now. Keeping the meals simple and not over-complicating the entire process will help you in adopting a healthy lifestyle with ease even if work keeps you occupied all the time.
Quick healthy dinner recipes
If you are working professional and struggle to get healthy food on the dinner table every single day, here are 5 quick meal ideas that you can prepare in no time as a contribution towards achieving your health goal little by little:
Whole grain bowl:
- You can use whole grains of your choice like brown rice, millet, or quinoa.
- Cook the grains and top it with stir-fried vegetables of your choice.
- Add boiled eggs to increase the protein content of the meal.
- Drizzle it with a dressing of your choice or you can simply add lemon juice to complete the bowl.
- Whole grains provide a lot of fiber which is essential for maintaining good gut health.
- The best part with making a one-pot soup is that you can make larger quantities at a time and you do not end up cleaning a dish full of utensils.
- You can also add ingredients of your choice.
- If you are a vegetarian, chuck in green vegetables, some carrot, celery, garlic, and ginger.
- Add some red lentils to thicken your soup and increase its nutrition content as well.
- For poultry lovers, you can add raw chicken directly to the pot, and once cooked, just use a tong to shred it to be added back to the soup pot.
- Add spices, cream, and season it well.
Roasted sweet potatoes:
- Sweet potatoes are a part of almost every healthy diet.
- Roast them whole in the oven and they are ready to form the base of your meal.
- You can stuff them with vegetables of your choice, cheese, and beans for a hearty, healthy meal.
- Eggs make for a quick and healthy meal choice.
- Instead of your regular hard-boiled or scrambled egg meal for breakfast, twist it up a bit to make delicious frittatas for dinner.
- Making a frittata is simple yet versatile as you can alter its taste profile to a great extent.
- Play with different vegetables, shredded chicken, or potatoes. Add herbs, spices, or cheese and make a different frittata recipe every single time.
- Pasta is delicious and we all love it.
- Use brown rice pasta for a more whole grain option.
- Load it with vegetables such as broccoli, add your choice of protein, and top it with the pasta sauce of your choice.
- Your delicious and nutritionally dense pasta bowl will be ready in no time.